What’s New in python-memcached2¶
- Renamed SelectorAvailableServers to SelectorRehashDownServers.
Wed Sep 04, 2013
- I’m going to tag this as 0.3, because it’s at a pretty functional state, and I’m going to stat breaking things to work on separating the server connecting and re-connecting from the server selection.
Sat Aug 31, 2013
- I have finished the implementation of set_multi(), but it could use some more tests, particularly those verifying what happens on bad server responses.
Mon Aug 26, 2013
- I have completed the implementation of send_multi() and it passes a basic test. Need to decide what I want the return to be, and do more tests, but it’s on its way.
Mon Jun 12, 2013
- Added a new Selector,
SelectorFractalSharding, and removed the
SelectorRestirOnDownServer. The new Selector improves on the old one in pretty much every way, and is the default for when more than 2 servers are listed.
Mon Jun 10, 2013
- Tagging as 0.2 as the functionality here is usable and stabilized and I want to start working on some significant changes that may break things for a while.
Sun Jun 09, 2013
SelectorConsistentHashingthat implements this algorithm for server selection.
Sun Jun 08, 2013
SelectorRehashOnDownServerand replaced it with the better
Tue Jun 04, 2013
- Fixing a bug if Memcache(selector+XXX) is used, hasher was not being set.
- Created SelectorRehashOnDownServer which will hash to the same server, unless that server is down in which case it will rehash among only the up servers.
Wed May 28, 2013
Wed May 27, 2013
- SelectorAvailableServers now can flush all servers when the topology changes. That’s the situation it is most suited for, though it’s also ideal for 2 server clusters.
Wed May 25, 2013
- Added get_multi which can get multiple keys at once.
Wed May 22, 2013
- Memcache now has a get_multi() method that will get multiple keys at once.
Wed May 20, 2013
- Memcache.cache() now takes varargs and kwargs, optionally, which will be passed to the compute function.
Wed May 19, 2013
- Memcache.cache() added which will call a function on a cache miss, then put the result in the cache.
Wed May 18, 2013
- Now have a ExceptionsAreMissesMemcache() class for lower-level access that treats exceptions as misses.
Wed May 15, 2013
- ValueSuperStr can now do a CAS refresh on
Wed May 8, 2013
- MemcacheValue is now called ValueSuperStr, and it is no longer the default return type in Memcache(). It can be defined by passing ValueMemcache to Memcache() as the “value_wrapper”. There’s also a ValueDictionary now.
- Adding ValueDictionary class.
- Memcache() class no longer returns MemcacheValue class. It returns a normal string, unless you have specified a value_wrapper attribute during the creation of the Memcache object.
Tue May 7, 2013
- Adding MANIFEST.in file.
- Adding CASFailure to MemcacheValue methods.
Fri May 3, 2013
- I did a short performance test against the python-memcached library that this is meant to replace. This new module is around 10% faster (using the Memcache() class) at retrieving 10 byte values, and 16% faster at 1KB values. I was expecting more, but I also haven’t done any performance tuning. If I just return normal strings instead of ValueSuperStr, that goes up to 23% faster, so that may be a point of optimization.
- Adding remaining methods to MemcacheValue.
Thu May 2, 2013
- MemcacheValue now has “set()” method.
Wed May 1, 2013
I’m tagging a 0.2 but still not going to release to pypi yet. Server failure testing, related to ExceptionsAreMissesMapping, have located several exceptions that weren’t being caught and translated into local module exceptions. Current functionality is solid, but I want to add a MemcacheCASValue class, which is kind of an API change.
Improving Python 2 BrokenPipeError
Catching more exceptions, more tests.
Added more extensive testing to ExceptionsAsMissesMapping, including in the cases where the server disconnects. Through that, found places where more exceptions needed to be caught.
Tue Apr 30, 2013
- Trapping ServerDisconnected exception.
Mon Apr 29, 2013
ObliviousMapping renamed ExceptionsAreMissesMapping
ExceptionsAreMissesMapping suggested by Wes Winham. Thanks!
Sat Apr 27, 2013
- The module is usable, but if you do you should expect that the interfaces may change. The high level
Memcachecode is basically complete, documented, and well tested.
- Bringing back KeyError because d.get() is preferable.
- Renaming ObliviousDict to ObliviousMapping.
Fri Apr 26, 2013
- Adding ObliviousDict() tests and fixing “in”.